Khufu's pyramid was only part of the complex built for him at Giza.
This complex had many different parts:
To find out more about the pyramid complex, see 'Explore'.
- Three pyramids for Khufu's queens.
- Several deep pits containing boats that had been buried.
- A mortuary temple where Khufu would be worshipped after he died.
- A causeway leading from the pyramid complex down to the valley temple.
- A valley temple where the pharaoh's funeral would begin.
- A small 'satellite' pyramid.
- The mastaba tombs of nobles.
Pyramid Home Page...